The Student union is recruiting!
The Student union is now looking for new ambitious members to join the Education committee!
Are you interested in affecting your studies? Are you interested in the politics behind your major? Do you want to influence your studies?
If this is the case then you are the one we are looking for!
We are currently taking in applications for the following positions:
- Substitute representative in The University council.
- Substitute representative in The department council of Accounting and Commercial law.
- Regular representative in The department council of Marketing and Logistics.
- Regular representative in The department council of Finance and Statistics.
The term is for this semester only with good opportunity to be reelected for the following term of 2019-2021.
The University Council has 18 members representing the different personnel groups at Hanken as well as the students. The term of office for the current council is 1.1.2016 – 31.12.2018. The Council appoints the external members of the Board, the auditors for the School and the Academic Council. It approves the financial statement and grants the Board and the rector a discharge from liability.
Each subject at the school belongs to an institution, and each institution is led by a department council. There they make decisions regarding teaching, what period courses are to be arranged, what is to be dealt with in courses and how students should be judged etc. Therefore, it is incredibly important that The Student Union have competent representatives in the council, so that we can ensure that students’ opinions are heard when the decisions are made.
What do you as a representative get?
- Experience in meeting techniques.
- A trust assignment to put on your resume.
- The chance to get to know your school and your lecturers better.
- The ability to really have an influence your studies.
In exchange you are expected to attend the meetings (held a couple times per semester) and report what is being said to the President of the Education committee.
Does this sound like something for you? If so, send a freely formulated application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is 23.9 at 12.pm!
Filip Styrström, Executive Board 2018